20/4/07

Here I pay Tribute

All the flowers died of sadness
And the sky forgot to rain,
And as the world was dying
It was thrown into decay
Your body fed the earth
Ash into the clay

The specs of your body
Flew around the world
To all the distant places
Of things you’ve seen and heard

I didn’t know your name
Or the perfume in your hair
But the things I do know
I treat with a reverence and care

You never knew me,
But there’s something that you did
You made an impression on who I am
On one we both love dearly

You were much more than I could say
Much more than I could know
And now all I’ll get to know
Is a ghost of who you were
But here I pay tribute
To the one I never knew.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:22 pm

    hey there steph!

    vicky here.

    this is the nicest poem ever [but then again. all your poems are the nicest ever =P ] hehe.

    i think if the person was here to read this. they would really appreciate it!

    your lovely with a big heart =)

    luv ya heaps!! Bless Ya

    ♥xx.

    ReplyDelete