8/5/07

ER - Emotionally Raw

Please don’t tell; it will only hurt worse.
Don’t hold me close, it will awaken the hurt.
When you see its hurting me, I feel more pain.
So please for the moment, pretend its all ok.
Forget the scars, forget the tears,
Just forget you saw my need and fears.
It hurts too much to start to fix,
All the pieces falling to bits.
It can’t be done so just don’t try,
Don’t hold me close; it will make me cry.
But most of all, ignore my plea,
And just hold me close while I scream.

Eventually the tears will cease to flow,
My emotions drawn out, poison from the wound.
And when the tears are all cried out
There will be room again, for happiness.
So aggravate the wound, draw out the poison,
Because I’m not brave enough alone,
To free up the pain, so it can run free.
I’m emotionally raw but I can just hold on,
But don’t let me live that way.
Just hold me close and make me scream.
Make my world all fall apart,
So we can rebuild it, a new work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment