28/2/07

Proverbs 14 vs 13

"Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in greif."

Today in my church youth group we read through this chapter of proverbs, and I was struck by the truth and sadness of this verse.

It describes to me the way I sometimes feel. I'm a wear the heart on the sleve type person, people usually know if I'm upset. - then again, I like to think I'm pritty good at hiding it if I want... Who realy knows how much others see of the person beneth their skin. Anyway Ive been upset about some - stuff - what, even I am not entirely sure about, anyway, people kept asking me " Are you alright?" "Whats wrong?" "Are you ok?" - yeah I was ok, but still sad, depressed, down, close to leaking water from my eyes, overly emotional. The point is this verse made me think about how I sometimes act happy, even when I am cryng inside. How sometimes Laughter is hysterical - rather than happy, and that Joy is translucennt, and can be lost in an instant.

Mabye theirfore there is something more important to live for than the happy moments, and if thats true, life is more important than the sadest momnet..

No comments:

Post a Comment